Inglewood was founded in 1873, though not under this name originally. Initially Moatown it rapidly was renamed Milton, before being renamed to Inglewood in 1875 to avoid confusion with Milton in the South Island.
Inglewood is one of the towns that encircle Mt Taranaki. It contains several buildings that are listed in the New Zealand Historic Places Trust, in fact the Railway Station is listed as a category 1.
We stopped in Inglewood briefly as we drove around the base of Mt Taranaki to observe from multiple vantage points.